Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bond Between Brothers

Solantis watched the battle below as he climbed up the mountain. He couldn't see much through the trees but he could see enough to know what the outcome would be. Solantis looked around at his posse; one Titinian and a dozen Solinians would be all that was left against Devin after the battle was done below. Solantis's eyes almost popped out of his head; he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was overjoyed that the Devonians were retreating but then he saw something that made him want to burst into tears or better, flames. He wanted it all to end he wanted so bad to just go away and leave everything behind. Was it worth it to rebel against Devin? Why didn't he just follow along and live under a tyranical beast for the rest of his life? At least he could live in a house and not be on the run forever. He wouldn't have to strategize. He wouldn't have to fight or see his friends die. He grasped the hilt of his knife. He could end everything right now, forever. It would be so easy; he could just float away. He wanted to die because a Devonian army ten times larger than the first was ruching towards Byrd and Byrd's army.

2 comments:

  1. "What should we do?" one of the Solinians asked.
    "Farther up the mountain!" Calif shouted.
    "But..." Solantis argued.
    "Would you like to be slaughtered like your friend Byrd?" Calif asked.
    "Byrd won't die," Solantis shouted, "We have to help him.""No, he can help himself we have to survive and they expected to die," Calif argued.

    They were silenced as they saw Byrd and his army running up the mountain towards them. Calif grabbed Solantis and started dragging him up the mountain away from the battle.
    "Stop! I demand it," Solantis barked at Calif.
    Calif let Solantis go and spun around to face him.
    "I was ordered to protect you, to keep you alive and that is what I'm doing ok? I will not let you die I have to give this planet a chance. And trust me I love Byrd and I want him to survive as much as you do but I know that Byrd thinks you should live and he thinks that you are the key to saving Truffle. I have to save the key because if you die, Byrd and I die too because we can't win anymore when you are gone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solantis was completely silent.
    "Do you understand!? Solantis, I cannot let you die. If Byrd dies down there, it was because he is protecting you. If I fail to protect you and you die after we've lost him... Well, then his death would be worthless wouldn't it?"
    He nodded.

    ReplyDelete

Followers